Assessing the impact of GP Practice Development Workshops in Norfolk & Waveney
1 December 2015< back to News Listing
“Thank you for the excellent training day and the valuable information I took from it to bring back to surgery and implement.”
- 58 out of 114 of practices across Norfolk & Waveney LMC took up one of the workshop opportunities.
- Practices within NHS Norwich & NHS North Norfolk CCGs had the greatest uptake (74% and 79%) which may have been due to longer notice before events and ‘word of mouth’ of their usefulness.
- 97 participants completed the feedback immediately after the workshops with 97% rating the event as either “Excellent” (52%) or “Good” (45%).
- Around 50% (30/58) practices responded to a 6 month follow up questionnaire. Of these, 40% had been inspected since the training, with ratings slightly better than the national position and in line with ratings to date across Norfolk & Waveney.
- Around 80% felt that the training had helped “moderately” or “a lot” with preparations for the CQC inspection and practice development more broadly, with ratings of usefulness for the individual resources provided showing a similar pattern (79% Useful or Very Useful).
Read the full report here