Practical implementation tips: frailty in older people
22 March 2018< back to News Listing
“Dr Sunil Angris offers top tips on the identification, assessment, and management of frailty”
Dr Sunil Angris' top tips on the identification, assessment, and management of frailty in people aged 65 years and over has gone live on Guidelines in Practice.
Practical implementation tips: frailty in older people outlines eight practical areas:
- Identify frailty in primary care using a validated tool
- Take opportunities for frailty identification
- Know when to carry out a comprehensive geriatric assessment (CGA)
- Conduct a CGA in primary care
- Recognise the important role of carers
- Ensure integrated care pathways are in place
- Carry out a comprehensive medication review
- Identify and manage co-morbidities that affect mental wellbeing
The full article can be accessed via the Guidelines in Practice website .
Guidelines in Practice provides expert, practical, credible information through its evidence-based, multichannel content. Their articles and educational projects provide evidence-based perspectives and content on a range of clinical topics, supporting clinicians with learning, best practice, guideline implementation, and local decision-making.
The Guidelines in Practice team works closely with its Editorial Advisory Consultants, plus many organisations, including NICE, to develop content on new and updated guidance and evidence-based practice.